CBPN Latest News
The Case for Open Regulation in Georgia
The National Bank of Georgia (NBG) has embarked on a journey to develop a new fintech-friendly regulatory toolkit under the umbrella of the Open Regulation Framework (ORF). The risk-based supervisory approach, which is embedded in the DNA of NBG, was used as a basis for the ORF. NBG had to analy...
Launching AfricaNenda in a Post-Covid World: Accelerating the Scale-Up of Inclusive Instant Payments in Africa
AfricaNenda is a newly founded independent, African-led organisation created to accelerate the growth of instant and inclusive payment systems that will benefit all Africans, including the poorest and currently financially excluded. ‘Nenda’ means ‘go!’ or ‘go faster!’ in Swahili, and we believe that...
Inside the Cambridge FinTech and Regulatory Innovation Programme
The Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF) has successfully delivered online capacity building and education to more than 1,000 regulators and central bankers from 220 institutions in over 135 countries via its Cambridge FinTech and Regulatory Innovation (CFTRI) online executive programme. ...
Central Bank of the Future Project Examines Technology and Financial Inclusion
The central bank of the future must adapt to changing technologies to provide a financial system that works for all. Over the last three years, the University of Michigan’s Center on Finance, Law & Policy (CFLP) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation partnered to explore these and other issues th...
Regulatory Collaboration on Innovation in South Africa: The Whole is Greater Than the Sum of its Parts
During 2016, the SARB became increasingly involved in working groups with international standard-setting bodies focused on fintech innovation, which prompted reflection on the potential implications for South Africa, the region and the continent. The SARB found likeminded partners in the National Tr...
PHB and UNCDF: Building Inclusive Digital Transformation Strategies in the Context of COVID-19
The online course on “Planning and building inclusive digital transformation strategies in the context of COVID-19 to meet the SDGs and Agenda 2063” was recently offered on the e-learning platform of the African Institute for Economic Development and Planning (IDEP) and supported by the UN Capital D...
IN THIS ISSUE: September 2021
- The National Bank of Georgia’s Otar Gorgodze, Head of Financial and Supervisory Technologies Development Department, on the National Bank's Open Regulation Framework
- Dr. Robert Ochola, Sabine Mensah, and Akinwale Goodluck on the newly launched AfricaNenda and its mission of accelerating inclusive instant payments in Africa
- Altantsetseg Ganbold shares details of the Cambridge FinTech and Regulatory Innovation program delivered by the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance
- A recap of the Central Bank of The Future project from Michael Barr and Bryan Ricketts of the University of Michigan Center on Finance, Law & Policy
- Plus, all the latest global payments news, industry reports, notable speeches … and more
We are proud to have subscribers from all over the world who join us monthly for an update on the latest news and reports in our industry.