CBPN Latest News
Future of the Payment System in Nigeria: 2020 and Beyond
Nigeria is acknowledged as a major economic force within Africa, and also an active player in the global economy. To participate actively therefore, her payments system must be credible, reliable and efficient, and successfully benchmarked against the best practices adopted by the most developed nat...
Lithuania: Building a Fintech Success Story from a Regulatory Point of View
The ongoing technological transformation in the sphere of financial services has not only improved financial services themselves but also created new opportunities for countries willing to attract innovation. In recent years, Lithuania has emerged as one of the largest centres for fintech companies ...
BIS - Regulating Fintech: Many Approaches for Many Challenges
New tech-savvy players are entering the financial market left and right. The way they provide financial services would not be possible without the advances in financial technology we have witnessed in recent years. But traditional financial institutions are also increasingly incorporating innovative...
Recent Evolution of the Retail Payments Market in Hungary
Over the last decade, the Hungarian payments market has gone through a major development, and the use of electronic payment methods is constantly growing. The Central Bank of Hungary (MNB) actively contributed to the favourable processes in line with MNB’s payment strategy. MNB defined two main goal...
The Case for a Digital Alternative to Cash in South Africa
The Payments Association of South Africa’s Maurits Pretorius and Vinu Thomas detail the rapid growth of digital payments in South Africa and make the case for a cash-lite society
Dr. Reza Baqir, Governor, SBP Launches Pakistan’s National Payment Systems Strategy to Accelerate Digital Transformation
Sharoon Rasheed and Rehman Pervez from the State Bank of Pakistan’s Payment Systems Department provide an update on the exciting new developments transforming Pakistan’s payments landscape
IN THIS ISSUE: June 2020
- The Director of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Payment System Management Department, Musa Itopa Jimoh, provides a look at Nigeria’s evolving payments landscape and its planned initiatives in the near term
- Roman Hartinger, Head of Innovative Projects Unit at the National Bank of Ukraine, on the e-hryvnia, NBU’s CBDC pilot project
- The Central Bank of Ireland’s Claudine O’Connor explores the past, present, and future of Ireland’s payments ecosystem and its integration with pan-European infrastructures
- Industry Profile: A pair of former central bankers at Visa offer payments insights for a post-Covid world
- Plus, all the latest news, people on the move, and industry reports in our biggest issue to date!
We are proud to have subscribers from all over the world who join us monthly for an update on the latest news and reports in our industry.